This simple recipe makes it easy to incorporate mushrooms into any meal. These mushrooms add such a delicious garlicky and earthy rich flavor to dishes and are ready in as little as 20 minutes.
- Add butter and olive oil to a medium pan.
- Pour in mushrooms and make sure you don’t crowd the pan with mushrooms, or they can become soggy.
- Stir until the mushrooms are covered in butter then let them cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the thyme and diced onion. Stir and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add in the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Let them cook for about 5 more minutes.
Serve as a side dish or add to steak, burger, avocado toast, or scrambled eggs. Really the opportunities are endless. Have fun with sautéed mushrooms!
Selecting Monterey Mushrooms® “High Vitamin D” Mushrooms will provide you with 400 IU’s of vitamin D per 3 oz serving, which is 50% of the Daily Value as recommended by the FDA.