Pumpkin and potatoes are whisked together in a velvet smooth soup perfect for fall. Tender gnocchi and crispy Italian style bacon garnish the soup and make for the ultimate autumn treat.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the ingredients for the soup. Whisk them together until the soup is creamy and slightly thickened. Bring the soup to a boil then reduce to a simmer and allow the soup to cook for about 20 minutes. It should reduce by about 25% in volume and coat the back of a soup nicely.
- Adjust the seasoning if desired.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- To prepare the gnocchi, bring a pot of water to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Add in the prepared potato gnocchi, cook for 5-6 minutes or until the gnocchi float. Carefully remove the gnocchi and place on a plate with a drizzle of olive oil, this will prevent the gnocchi from sticking to each other as well as prevent them from drying out.
- To serve top portion 8 ounces of soup into a bowl (a hollowed pumpkin can also be used as a serving bowl). Arrange roughly six gnocchi in each bowl of soup then top with some crispy pancetta and sage.