This quiche is loaded with veggies and swaps the traditional pastry for a quinoa crust that adds nutrition, texture, and an appealing aesthetic to the dish.
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray an 8” pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked quinoa, ¼ teaspoon pepper and 1 beaten egg. Press mixture into the prepared pan. Bake 20 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli, onion and bell pepper. Sauté until tender, then add the spinach and cook until wilted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining 6 eggs, salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, cheese and milk. Add vegetable mixture to eggs and stir. Pour mixture into the cooled quinoa crust. Bake 45-50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow quiche to sit for about 10 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve. Refrigerate leftovers up to three days.