Seeking a hearty, plant-based dinner idea? This lentil loaf will hit the spot!
- In a small bowl, mix together flax and water and stir well. Let sit while you prepare the rest of your loaf.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add 2 olive oil.
- Add shallot, carrot, celery, and peppers and sauté until tender and golden.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, oats, rice, lentils, and dry seasonings and stir well until fully combined. Remove from heat.
- Once flax “egg” is thickened and viscous, add to lentil mixture.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan (or muffin tray) and add ketchup glaze on top.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes until loaf is golden and set and glaze is caramelized.