- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. If using a pizza stone, place the stone in the oven to heat up while the oven preheats.
- In a small bowl, combine the extra virgin olive oil and rosemary. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife, thinly slice the lemons to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat and spray with nonstick cooking spray or olive oil. Arrange the lemon slices in s single layer on the grill pan and grill 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side until grill lines form. Transfer the grilled lemons to a plate and set aside until ready to assemble the flatbread.
- Assemble the flatbread on a pizza stone or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush the rosemary oil mixture on the flatbread crust. Spread the gruyere and fontina cheeses on the crust, the place dollops of the fig jam on top of the cheese. Finish with the grilled lemons and sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes on the bottom shelf of the oven until the cheese and jam is melted and the crust is crisp.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven and sprinkle the basil on top. Cut and serve immediately.
Refer to the package instructions on the flatbread crust for baking instructions. Using a pizza stone will require less baking time, while a baking sheet may need more time in the oven.
Sponsored by Wonderful® Seedless Lemons