Looking for a way to brighten your day? This beautifully colored, creamy soup will do just that!
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot or a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until starting to turn translucent. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add vegetable broth, cauliflower, cumin, cayenne pepper and sea salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from heat and let slightly cool.
- Place 2 cups slightly cooled cauliflower in a blender. Add ½ cup coconut milk and fresh baby spinach and place top on blender slightly slanted to release steam. Blend until smooth. Repeat until all cauliflower mixture is blended. Season to taste with additional sea salt and pepper.
- Return to blended cauliflower mixture to soup pot, adding in blanched broccoli florets, nutritional yeast and stir. Heat to serve.