So good, your children will ask for more! Plus, it's a great side for most chicken and beef dishes.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Add fresh broccoli and cook until easily pierced by a fork (approximately 7-10 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- In a separate saucepan, combine evaporated milk and cornstarch. Slowly bring to a boil while stirring often.
- When the milk comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and add the cheese. Continue to stir until the cheese is melted and evenly mixed.
- Add the sauces and stir.
- Pour cheese over hot broccoli.
- Sprinkle whole wheat croutons over broccoli and cheese mixture. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.