- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Spray or lightly butter the inside of a square 8-inch baking dish
- Combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- In separate bowl, whisk together sugar, milk, egg, butter, and vanilla
- Layer sliced bananas across the bottom of baking dish and cover with a layer about 1 cup of berries on top of banana
- Evenly spready dry ingredients over bananas and berries. Slowly pour wet ingredients in
- Sprinkle mixed nuts and remaining berries over the top
- 8 . Bake for 35 to 45 minutes uncovered. Top will brown and oat mixture will set/firm
- Remove from oven. Can serve hot. To store let cool. Then refrigerate
- Reheat small portion in microwave or in oven. Serve in bowl with milk poured over the top
- Start with bananas that have a little green in them. The firm banana is easier to cut, doesn’t get mushy, and has a baked apple texture.
- Layer the fruit on the bottom. I tried many times to put some fruit on top and it always sinks to the bottom.
- Strawberries are a no go! Trust me. They get very soggy, taste funny after a day, and don’t reheat well at all! Frozen tropical fruits like pineapple/mango mixtures work well if you leave out the cinnamon.