Sweet golden raisins and crunchy pine nuts make this a fabulous way to eat your spinach!
- In a medium pan, cook and stir pine nuts on high heat, until they begin to brown lightly and smell toasted. Set the pine nuts aside in another dish.
- Return the pan to burner. Add ¼ cup water and bring to boil over medium-high heat. As it begins to boil, add a small handful of the spinach. Cook and stir until it being to wilt.
- Push the wilted spinach to the side of the pan and add another ¼ cup of water and a handful of spinach. Continue until all the spinach has been cooked, adding raisins with the last handful of spinach.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and salt. Cook and stir until the spinach is wilted and the raisins are warm.
- Remove from heat. Press out excess water.
- Divide into 4 servings and top with pine nuts. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of Keep the Beat™, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.