No. In fact America’s favorite vegetable, the potato, loves you right back. Whether you’re making a family meal or a tasty snack, this versatile, nutrient-dense vegetable shows your body love! As a nutrient-dense vegetable, a medium skin on potato delivers:
- 26 grams of good carbs: Carbs are the primary fuel for your body and your brain.
- 3 grams of high-quality protein: Potatoes offer affordable, plant-based protein.
- 15% of your daily value of potassium: Potatoes are a good source of potassium, an important mineral for an overall heart-healthy eating pattern.
- An excellent source of vitamin C: This important vitamin can help support the body’s immune system, which is especially top-of-mind this season.
- ZERO fat, cholesterol, gluten, or sodium: Potatoes are a great, healthy options for those following specific diets.
No matter your nutrition goals or eating preferences, all foods fit within a balanced diet, and you don’t have to sacrifice those you love.