Get ready!!!! It’s game time! And that means indulgent comfort foods that are easy to eat while standing around. If you don’t know, traditionally a tailgate party is a social event that is held around the open tailgate of a vehicle at a live sports event, but now you can find them everywhere. If it’s too cold or you just can’t attend live, the festivities are usually brought into the home while watching and waiting for the big game to start. They can go on for hours!
And even if you don’t have a love for the featured sport, the food should have you very excited! From pigs in a blanket to seven layer cheese dip, one study suggested that men consume an average of 5,000 calories while at a typical tailgate. While this event isn’t exactly synonymous with health, we have a few suggestions that you can be proud to add to your spread. They’re all plant forward and vegan, but that does not mean eaters won’t still cheer their taste! Vegan doesn’t mean “instant health”, but it often does mean that you’re getting a few extra (and much needed) servings of fruits and vegetables.
- Five Star Vegan Cheese Spread
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries with Banana Ketchup
- Oven Baked Banana Fries with Creamy Avocado Dip
- Spicy Habanero Pineapple Guacamole
- Spinach Avocado Hummus
- Grilled Pineapple Mockaritas
- Baked Broccoli Cheese Tots
- Vegan Sweet Potato Street Tacos
- Air Fryer Buffalo Mushrooms
- Banana Peel Bacon BLT’s
- Creamy Plantain “Potato Salad”
- Dark Chocolate Dole Whip
- Un Charcuterie Dessert Platter