It’s football season! Whether you are an avid fan or simply along for the party, make your next tailgate or game-day celebration something to cheer about. These fun and easy fruit-and-veggie-filled snacks are packed with color, nutrition and flavor, and are sure to score major points with the crowd!
Assemble an assortment of fruits, veggies, whole grains and more onto wooden skewers. Customize to your own liking, and place on a platter around a bowl with dip or dressing. Try these tasty combination ideas:
- Caprese: Grape tomatoes, mozzarella balls, basil leaves, balsamic glaze
- Rainbow veggie: Grape tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower, Greek-yogurt ranch dip or hummus
- Fruit-filled: Kiwi, grape tomatoes, pineapples, strawberries, melon, cantaloupe, vanilla Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon
- Antipasto: Cheese cubes, tortellini, grape tomatoes, artichokes, pickled peppers, olives, meats (if desired), Italian dressing
For this traditional fan-favorite, mix together whole wheat pasta, an assortment of veggies, cheese cubes, meats, and Italian dressing. Switch it up and add in a handful of drained and rinsed canned beans!
Dips and Salsa
It’s not a game-day party unless there are crowd-pleasing dips to nosh on. Make an eye-appealing snack platter that includes dip, an assortment of veggies, tortilla or pita chips, and a variety of nuts like pistachios for a bonus of crunch and flavor.
- Hummus: Aside from traditional flavors, this plant-based dip also comes in many exciting varieties like Everything Bagel, Jalapeno, and even dessert flavors like Brownie Batter!
- Guacamole: Keep it traditional with avocados, tomato, onion, fresh lime juice and cilantro. Dig in!