No matter how you top it, you can never go wrong with avocado toast as part of a make-a-great-nutrient boosting-breakfast… Avocados are one of those creamy, delicious fruits you crave throughout the day. Starting with breakfast, no matter how you top it, you can never go wrong with avocado toast. Not only do avocados make a great nutrient boosting breakfast item, but when combined with eggs they also make a great post-workout snack. Avocados are a good source of fiber and contain 5 g of monounsaturated fat, while eggs provide high-quality protein that encourages muscle tissue repair & growth.
California Avocado Toast Three Ways
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 to 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 to 10 minutes
Mashed or sliced California Avocados on toast are easy and delicious for breakfast or for a snack and can be added to in many different ways to for a crave-able taste sensation. Here are three favorite ways to top California Avocado Toast.
- ½ ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 1 egg – Optional
- 2 slices heirloom or beefsteak tomato – Optional
- 2 slices cooked bacon (try maple bacon, peppercorn bacon, turkey bacon or veggie bacon) –Optional
- Fresh cracked pepper – Optional
- Sea salt to taste – Optional
California Avocado Toast with Fried Egg
- Toast 1 slice bread and spread with 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado (mashed or sliced). Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and fry one egg as desired.
- Place cooked egg onto avocado toast, sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired.
California Avocado Toast with Heirloom Tomatoes
- Toast 1 slice bread, spread with 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado (mashed or sliced) and 2 slices heirloom or beefsteak tomato.
- Top with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt to taste.
California Avocado Toast with Bacon
- Toast 1 slice bread, spread with 1/2 ripe, Fresh California
- Avocado (mashed or sliced) and 2 slices cooked bacon