If you’re looking to up your game on finding deals and steals on fruits and veggies, these smart tips for planning, shopping and preparing produce-packed meals and snacks will get you on the right track!
10. Dried Fruits. Take advantage of the the vast assortment of dried fruits available and dress up your cereal or salads … or simply enjoy as a snack.
9. Leftovers. Re-create leftovers to make a whole new meal. Use them in wraps or sandwiches, for quesadillas, in casseroles or with pasta.
8. Convenience. Pick up some frozen or canned fruits and vegetables for later in the week or for busy nights.
7. Experiment. Try a new fruit or vegetable or prepare a familiar one in a different way.
6. Seasoning Combinations. Buy plain (unseasoned) frozen vegetables and create seasoning combinations using herbs, lemon juice, or garlic to keep out the fat and salt.
5. 100% Juice. Look for fruit and vegetable juices that say 100% juice!
4. Smoothies For Breakfast. Frozen fruit makes great smoothies for a breakfast on the run.
3. Easy to Grab & Go. Fill up that fruit bowl so you and your family can grab and go.
2. Meatless Meals. Plan one or more meatless meals for the week – there are endless possibilities for using dried or canned beans. They’re cheap too! Check out the variety in your store.
1. Make More. Plan for leftovers so you have a ready-meal.