Party appetizer, centerpiece … just a fun snack? These fruit skewers will work for any and all! They started as a fun table centerpiece for the winter holidays, but would work great as a heart-topped fruit treat for Valentine’s Day or any other celebration. Or just keep them around the house for the family to munch on!
The recipe calls for marshmallows, and for the holiday party these were fun, but I don’t recommend eating them all day. I made several extra skewers and put a mini marshmallow instead of a big one on every other one. They ended up holding in the refrigerator well, but didn’t last very long. What I noticed was my teenage son, wife, and myself grabbing one every time we opened the fridge. The convenience of fruit on a stick during a busy day increased fruit consumption around the house.
- 1 cup – Pineapple, Raw
- 1/2 cup – Grapes, Seedless
- 12 medium – Strawberry, Raw
- 1/4 cup – Blueberries
- 12 marshmallows – Marshmallow
- 1 tbsp – Marshmallows, Miniature
- 2 medium – Apples, Raw
- Wash fruit and pat dry.
- Cut pineapple using cookie cutter shapes.
- Cut apples in half, rub with cut piece of pineapple to prevent browning, reserve these as base stands.
- Cut strawberry greens off.
- Build fruit skewers adding desired fruit pieces – using pointed end as bottom. Recommend large marshmallow and strawberries on bottom for weight.
- Stick pointed end of skewer into apple base stands.
Calories: 64 kcal, Protein: 0.5 g, Carbs: 15 g, Total Fat: 0 g
Sat Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 8.0 mg, Fiber: 1.4 g
Photo Credit: Andrew Dole