This granola recipe was designed to be used in the Tropical Fruit Parfait but can be used on its own as a snack.
Makes 5 servings
3/4 oz sesame seeds3/4 oz slivered almonds1/2 oz sunflower seeds3 oz rolled oats1 oz cashews1 oz unsweetened shredded cocunut (optional)1 oz honey
1oz dried currants
1. Toast the sesame seeds until golden in a dry pan, set aside.
2. In the same pan, toast the almonds and sunflower seeds until golden.
Add the oats, cashews and coconut to the pan. Continue stirring until all ingredients are golden.
3. Add the toasted sesame seeds and honey to the pan.
Toss with the dry ingredients until all are coated.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the currants.
5. Spread the mixture on a baking pan lined with baking paper. Bake at 350 degrees F until the granola is a rich golden-brown.
6. Allow the granola to cool then break into small chunks. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by The Culinary Institute of America, developed for Fruits & Veggies – More Matters
Search our database for even more recipes!