Strawberry Basil Strudels will make you feel like a kid again!
- Preheat the oven to 400F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Allow your puff pastry to thaw, then roll each puff pastry out into a thin sheet. Cut each sheet into 6 rectangles, making 12 total.
- In the center of the rectangles place 1 ½ Tbsp. of strawberry preserves, leaving about ½ inch around the boarder.
- Top with strawberries and a pinch of fresh basil.
- Spread the egg wash around the perimeter of your pastry sheet. Top with a second pastry sheet, press and pinch to glue them together.
- Brush your egg wash on each of the strudels and use a fork to poke a hole in each top.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- While the strudels bake, make the vanilla glaze: Mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl.
- When the strudels are done baking, pull them out of the oven and allow to cool. Use a spoon to drizzle the vanilla glaze over top and enjoy!