This vegetarian roasted sweetpotato chili packs a flavorful & nutritious punch the whole family will love.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the sweetpotatoes and red bell peppers in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle liberally with kosher salt and black pepper. Transfer to a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Toss halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a Dutch oven or saucepan over low heat. Add the green onion and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Raise the heat, add the tomatoes, water, beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cooked sweetpotatoes and bell peppers and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime zest. Add the honey and cilantro to taste and as desired.
- Serve with optional toppings.