1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Rinse the quinoa well with cold water and drain. Place the quinoa in a medium saucepan and add 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the quinoa for 15 to 20 minutes, until it’s soft and fluffy and the water has been absorbed.
3. While the quinoa is cooking, place the grapefruit halves, cut side up on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
4. In a medium bowl, add the lettuce and artichoke hearts. Once the quinoa is cooked, rinse it with cool water, drain and add the quinoa to the bowl with the lettuce.
5. Use a knife to cut around the outer edge of the grapefruit segments and use a fork or spoon to remove each segment. Work over the quinoa salad so that the juices fall into the bowl. Watch carefully for seeds and remove any that fall into the salad. Squeeze the empty grapefruit halves to extract extra juice.
6. Add the olive oil, salt and black pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine all ingredients. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Wonderful Citrus.