- In a medium saucepan bring the grape juice, cinnamon and orange rind to a boil.
- Place the pears upright with the stem on top into the saucepan and simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Make sure to keep the pears moist by spooning the juice over them as they simmer.
- Remove pears from the sauce, reserve and cool completely.
- Simmer the remaining sauce and reduce it to about ⅓ of a cup. Remove from heat and cool. Drizzle the sauce over the pears when ready to serve and garnish with whipped cream or vanilla pudding.
Recipe courtesy of Welch’s