- Wash and cut veggies into chunks
- Toss with olive oil until lightly coated
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper and any other desired seasonings
- Make sure the veggies are spread in a single layer on the baking sheet so they have room to breathe. Overcrowding will cause them to steam instead of roast.
- Roast at 425⁰ until the vegetables are fork-tender and you start to see some charred edges.
If you’re new to roasting veggies, check on them every 15 minutes until they reach your desired doneness. And one last tip about roasting – pair hearty vegetables with other hearty vegetables (think potatoes and carrots), and pair delicate vegetables with other delicate vegetables (think zucchini and asparagus) so they take the same amount of time to roast. If you aren’t sure, roast different vegetables on separate sheet trays.