- To reheat the shredded pork, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the pork out in pan large enough to hold it in a single, thin layer and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons water with the pear juice, soy sauce, mirin and vinegar. Mix well to combine, pour the mixture over the pork and cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Place the pan in the oven for 30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees F. Remove the pan from the oven and keep warm.
- Prepare the other components of the recipe before reheating the pork.
- For the pickles, combine the pears, pear juice, onions and vinegar in a non-reactive container with a tight-fitting lid. Shake gently to combine and store in the refrigerator several hours.
- For the sauce, combine the peppers, pears and 1 tablespoon of the pear juice in the jar of a blender. Puree until smooth, adding more pear juice as needed for consistency and flavor. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To prepare the slaw, combine the cabbage and Brussels sprouts in a bowl. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over top and use your hands to toss the ingredients together. Add the yogurt and stir to evenly coat the cabbage and sprouts. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, place 2 tortillas per serving on a plate and top each one with 1/8 cup slaw, 2 ounces of shredded pork, and some pickled onions and pears. Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
Recipe By: Marylou Tate, Nashville State Community College