Mashed potato fritters stuffed with stretchy mozzarella pearls over a classic marinara sauce.
- Gather all ingredients and equipment.
- In a bowl, place mashed potatoes, scoop out about 2 ounces of mashed potatoes and form into a small golf ball sized shape, push finger halfway through and place 1-2 mozzarella pearls in the middle of the ball and cover up hole. Repeat these steps until you finish mashed potatoes. This recipe shall yield 8 mozzarella filled mashed potato balls.
- In a pot, on high heat, add oil and heat up to 350° F (176 ° C).
- Do standard breading procedure. Place flour in a bowl, whisked eggs in a bowl, AP flour in a bowl in that order. Take mashed potato ball, coat evenly in flour, shake off excess, then dip in egg mixture, shake off excess, then into breadcrumbs until coated evenly. Set aside. Repeat for other mashed potato balls. Carefully place mashed potato ball in hot oil and deep fry until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Place on baking sheet or plate with a paper towel on the bottom to soak up excess oil.
- To assemble, lay marinara sauce on plate, place fritter on top of sauce, lay prosciutto slices on top and garnish with basil leaves.