- Cut centers out of endive and slice leaves vertically into thin strips.
- Combine arugula and endive; toss lightly with a little vinaigrette.
- Toss beets with a little vinaigrette and a few red onions.
- Toss Halos segments with a little vinaigrette and some red onions.
- Arrange the platter; place greens down first and then the beets and onions. Gently mix everything and place the Halos segments on top.
- Drizzle with a little more vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with pistachios and blue cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut tops and bottoms off beets.
- Place beets on sheet pan with a little water, cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 1 hour or more, until easily pierced with a knife.
- Cool until just warm, and peel off skin.
- Slice into sections or any shape you like. Now they’re ready to add color to your salad!
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup good quality olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Whisk in olive oil in a slow steady stream.
- Set aside until it’s time to toss with the ingredients for your salad.
Courtesy of Wonderful Halos