- Freeze 2 cups of grapefruit juice in ice cube trays.
- Take zest from 2 grapefruits and in a pot combine with remaining 1 cup grapefruit juice and muscovado or brown sugar. Bring to boil and reduce by half to make a syrup. Allow syrup to cool.
- In a glass, place grapefruit segments. Pour some syrup over the top.
- Using an ice shaving machine, shave frozen grapefruit cubes to create ice. Spoon ice into the glass. Drizzle more syrup over ice.
- With an electric mixer, combine cream and condensed milk. Whip until soft.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and sliced grapefruit.
Courtesy of Chef Sally Camacho-Mueller of Tesse Restaurant