These no sugar added garbanzo banana muffins are an excellent vehicle for produce and cinnamon - even for infants and young toddlers! Get your kids involved in preparing the muffins with you from an early age. Involvement is one of the best ways to get children excited about eating fruits, veggies, and any new foods!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray muffin with cooking spray or add muffin liners.
- Mix 2 tbsp flax and 5 tbsp water to set in a small ramekin.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, then mix with applesauce, oil, vanilla extract, flax eggs, milk and apple cider vinegar until well combined and creamy. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in any optional add-ins such as blueberries or nuts (be sure to leave nuts out if feeding to kids under 4).
- Bake for 13-14 minutes, or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. If making mini-muffins, bake 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then carefully invert, remove and place back on wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge up to one week and freezer up to three months.