- In a deep pot with water, combine fish, tomato, medium onion and ginger. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add eggplant, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until eggplant is almost tender.
- Add green pepper leaves and salt. Cover and cook until leaves are wilted.
- Add MSG, sesame oil, and/or fish sauce to taste.
- If you used green onions use to garnish.
- Serve hot with a side of rice.
Where to purchase ingredients:
- Pepper leaves, ong choy (water spinach), and marungay – Southeast Asian supermarket
- Indian Spinach, ong choy (water spinach) – Chinese supermarket
- If you are unable to find any of these ingredients, you can use spinach.