- To make cranberry ice cubes, in advance, add one cranberry to each ice cube segment of a standard or 1×1 inch silicone ice cube tray. Cover with cranberry juice and freeze.
- For the cranberry reduction, add cranberry juice, maple syrup and fresh cranberries to a saucepan with cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until the cranberries pop and the liquid reduces to about ¾ cup. Let cool.
- Add regular or cranberry ice cubes to four cocktail glasses.
- Pour the cranberry reduction, grapefruit juice and tequila to a cocktail shaker and stir. Using a cocktail strainer, divide the mixture into the glasses and top with a splash of club soda if desired. Garnish with a slice of fresh grapefruit and cinnamon stick.
- For a cocktail option, eliminate tequila and replace with 1 ounce of lime juice and 2 ounces of club soda.
For mocktail version, replace tequila with 1 ounce lime juice and 2 ounces club soda