- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with butter or nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Spread the oats evenly on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure even browning. Remove and set aside. Place the walnuts on the same baking sheet and bake, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. (Keep a watchful eye on the nuts so they don’t burn!) Remove and set aside.
- Place the toasted oats in the bowl of a food processor and process for 10 seconds. Add the chickpeas, flaxseed, butter, olive oil, and salt and pulse until well combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, and smooth down evenly with your fingers or palms to form a bottom crust.
- Top evenly with the chocolate chips, cranberries, walnuts, and coconut. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the layers.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes, or until the coconut is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack and cut into thirty 1¾ x 2-inch bars. Best if stored in the refrigerator.
For a nut-free recipe, nix the walnuts and replace them with ½ cup roughly chopped toasted, unsalted pumpkin seeds (also called pepitas).