Try this delicious smoothie recipe!
- Rinse cherries and drain on paper towels.
- Remove seeds* then spread on a baking tray.
- Peel the bananas, slice thickly and add to the baking tray.
- Put in freezer and freeze until solid.
- Remove tray from freezer and place the banana slices and cherries in a blender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
*An easy way to remove cherry seeds is to remove stem, then using the round end of a clean, opened paper clip, scoop out the seed through the remaining hole.
Since cherry juice stains, you can protect your hands by putting a small amount of vegetable oil on your hands before you begin.
Each serving provides: a good source of vitamins A and C, calcium and potassium.