- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9 inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter and sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add the apple cider, eggs, and molasses. Mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Whisk until well combined.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the bowl of the stand mixer. Mix until combined.
- Then add the wheat germ. Mix until combined.
- Then add the apple sauce. Mix until combined.
- Then add the remaining flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.