Fall in love with these apple pie bars. Apples, bananas, dates, cinnamon, and coconut milk fill this dessert with sweetness and a comforting warm flavor.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend hot water and dates into a paste.
- Mix date paste with dough ingredients by hand in a bowl. Form into a dough.
- Remove ⅓ of dough and set aside.
- Press the remainder of the dough into a baking dish.
- Heat coconut oil in a pot. Add apples and cinnamon.
- When apples cook down and release water, add arrowroot powder/cornstarch. The apple filling will thicken.
- Spread apple filling over the pressed dough.
- Crumble remainder of the dough over the apple filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting.