PBH encourages everyone to take action in September! Consider these ideas to support National Fruits & Veggies Month.
Spread The Fruit & Veggie Love On Social Media
Stay inspired and share creative tips, tricks and all-around impressive food hacks from PBH’s Have A Plant® Ambassadors on our social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Don’t forget to use the hashtags #haveaplant and #NFVM2022!
Bring fun and delicious ways to enjoy fruits and veggies to life by sharing our stories! Explore this website for inspiration.
Share The Facts
Share fun facts and quick stats on the importance of consuming more fruits and vegetables now, and throughout the year, like how to best select, store, savor, and share your favorite produce. Get tips from our Fruits & Veggies Section on fruitsandveggies.org.
Show Off Your Skills
Show off your skills by sharing your fruit and veggie creations on social media. Whether its the sizzling of the veggies in a skillet, or the end result of a beautifully plated fruit salad or pasta dish loaded with veggies, bring your favorite fruit and vegetable recipes to life. Show how easy it can be and share why you like it, “i.e. I love to add crushed red pepper flakes to mine for added spice!”
Start A Challenge
Create a fruit- and veggie-inspired challenge for your friends and followers. Here are some idea starters…
- Set up a blind taste test! Jump on the viral trend and set up a blind taste test for your friends using familiar and new fruits and veggies. See who can get the most right!
- What are your grocery shopping staples? Do you have 5-10 items you always buy when shopping? Get creative and see how many ways you can combine, mix, and match all your staples. Share with your followers and challenge them to do the same!
- Eating with others fosters connection, provides an opportunity for deeper conversation, and encourages food exploration. Encourage followers to add one more fruit or veg to their weekly (or daily) family (or friend family) meal routine! #squadgoals
- Create a new fruit and veggie habit! Think about a routine you already do related to meal or snack time – maybe its buying weekly staples, having Taco Tuesday dinners, taking an afternoon break. See where you can add fruits and veggies into it. #haveaplant EVERY TIME you eat.
- What is your best fruit or veggie hack? Do you have a mind-blowing hack that you need to others to know about?! Get the conversation going with your followers and share everyone’s best tips!
Visit the GET THE CREATIVE tab at the top of the page to find graphics, sample social media posts and more!
Rock The Swag
From a variety of tops, tanks, hoodies and hats, shop the Have A Plant® swag shop so you can rep fruits and veggies everywhere – at home, in virtual meetings, at the gym or at the store! SHOP NOW!
Support The Movement
If you believe as we do that enjoying more fruits and vegetables is the first step we should all take to live happier, healthier lives and would like to support our overall mission of increasing fruit and vegetable consumption, we encourage you to make a tax-deductible donation today. Your support fuels educational programs, inspiring content creation and consumer consumption and behavioral research to continue our mission to help people eat and enjoy more fruits and vegetables for better health and happiness.