Job Title: Social Media Community Manager
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Director
FLSA status: Exempt
Date of completion: February 2022
The Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) is looking for an enthusiastic social media guru who wants to promote fruits and vegetables as well as gain experience working in the food, nutrition, wellness and agriculture.
As an integral part of PBH’s Marketing & Communications team, the Social Media Community Manager would be responsible for implementing PBH’s social media strategy with the goal to extend the reach of the brand, as well as grow PBH’s consumer and influencer audience reach. A primary function of this role is to support the digital ecosystem, with an emphasis on social media, including but not limited to drafting and scheduling social posts, curating content from both partners and influencers to populate PBH’s digital ecosystem, supporting digital and social media content amplification (e.g., Instagram takeovers and Facebook Live events, etc.), monitoring and engaging with audiences across all channels, running metrics and reporting.
A secondary function of this role is to support the Marketing & Communications team with PBH’s influencer engagement events, platforms and programs as well as tactics associated with growing the influencer network. This includes the coordination and execution of influencer-facing tactics such as virtual education and in-person PBH-hosted events.
- Develop and implement PBH’s comprehensive social media strategy (paid and organic content development) and ensure brand consistency across all channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter as priority channels; YouTube, Pinterest and Tik Tok as growing/secondary).
- Develop PBH-owned content and assist with sourcing creative assets for PBH’s social media channels based on Editorial Calendar.
- Curate and integrate influencer- and partner-driven content into the broader content strategy and across all digital channels.
- Proactively identify timely ways to expand creative content offerings and improve brand awareness (including paid social campaign development and execution).
- Recommend, inform and implement social media strategies that support organizational events, campaign launches, research releases, etc.
- Develop and implement a growth strategy for expanding PBH’s social footprint including strategies for recruiting new followers; fostering engagement and loyalty across all channels; and optimizing these efforts for each social media channel.
- Be a voice of the organization by carefully listening to our audience, capturing scroll-stopping creative, and distributing (and re-distributing) engaging content.
- Develop and capture quantitative metrics and qualitative insights to showcase success (e.g., engagement, views, online conversations, etc.) for PBH reports to communicate results and inform future, data-driven content.
- Monitor, listen and respond on social media channels as appropriate and share feedback with the team in a way that informs future communications.
- Provide support to the Marketing & Communications team for consumer and influencer events and education tactics to ensure optimal engagement and growth among PBH’s consumer and influencer audiences, among other key stakeholders.
- Keep a pulse on the broader food, nutrition and wellness landscape as well as the latest social media trends – always thinking about how PBH can engage and differentiate itself in this space.
The following education, skills and experience are required for this role:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing or similar, preferred;
- 1-2 years of internship or similar experience preferred;
- Passionate about fruits and vegetables;
- RD certification or food/nutrition-related experience is a strong plus;
- Have a good understanding of social media platforms and their functionalities across all channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, TikTok and YouTube;
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communications skills to effectively, creatively and clearly communicate with key stakeholders, including representing the brand voice in various personas based on the brand guidelines and customizing our message by social platform;
- Eagar to work within a small but mighty (and super fun) team in a fast-paced environment;
- Flexible and adaptable – able to multi-task and adjust daily priorities as needed, when new needs or urgent requests from influencers and other key stakeholders arise;
- Able to self-manage and meet deadlines while working virtually;
- Organized and detail-oriented; and
- Knowledge of software systems including Microsoft Office, Zoom, Hootsuite or similar digital monitoring platforms.
The Produce for Better Health Foundation team – the ONLY national on-profit organization dedicated to helping Americans enjoy more fruits and vegetables for happier, healthier lives – is a small but mighty group of experts and professionals who work hard, are passionate about promoting fruits and vegetables and who also like to have fun. The team vibe allows for flexibility in the workplace as well as customized growth opportunities to help you achieve your dream job and reach your professional goals.
This position works from a home office in an air-conditioned, smoke-free, small business environment. Overnight travel for events and trade shows is occasionally required throughout the year. We offer a competitive compensation package including 401K, health, dental, and vision coverage, as well as paid holidays and time off.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that will be required. Produce for Better Health Foundation reserves the right to add to, remove or modify this job description at any time. This includes the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as needed. Produce for Better Health Foundation also reserves the right to release or delete this position at any time.